Pray for these things
March 27, 2018
How Can I Pray for My Church?
There is a lot going on these days at Lightway. Please take this list of five updates and pray for one item each day this week.
- Our influence on not-yet-Christians
- Easter reminds us like no other season in the church that Jesus is still the only hope for sinners like us and our friends. On April 22 we’re starting a six-week evangelism support group (“Evange-Phobia”) to help you take the next step towards faithful gospel sharing in your life. Pray that Lightwayers will grow in supporting evangelism and engaging the lost in our networks. Pray not-yet-Christians will eagerly receive the good news (Acts 17:11). Pray those who can attend our Evange-phobia group will be helped to move from fear to faith in joyful sharing of the gospel.
- Nicole will start supporting our church ministry in April as an Administrator one-day a week and facilitating our Debt Ministry two days a week. Pray she’ll feel the love and appreciation of our church family as she adjusts to her new role. Pray her family (husband = Akin; kids = Olamide, Bisola, Damiaola, Adaiola) will have patience and grace for each other in this time of transition.
- Our debt-relief ministry with Christians Against Poverty will begin gradually this April. We’ll celebrate God’s provision for this ministry and encourage each other in it on Sunday April 29th during our morning worship service. Pray for the fruitfulness of this ministry: a) having people set free from burdensome debt in our community, b) having people set free from the burden of sin by eagerly receiving the gospel of Jesus.
- Stephen is just a few hundred dollars away from his fund-raising goal to be given the green light from SIM to start packing his family’s bags for Canada. Pray that God will raise up financial supporters to meet all their needs for life and ministry with us in Riverdale. Pray that God will grant his “green light” to have the Roys with us for September.
- We’re in a season of change at Lightway - new people, new ministry, new ways of getting things done - which requires personal adjustment, patience, and kindness from each of us at Lightway.
- “Ask God to renew your attitude so that you meet with your church family not to be entertained or only to be fed with God’s word, but with the intention of spurring others on. Or perhaps you feel you’re doing lots to little effect; ask God to use your words and example to bear fruit in the lives of others” (5 Things to Pray for Your Church, p. 45).